MMM'14 Summary and Conclusion

We're already well into June, but I thought I should summarise my Me-Made-May experience.

Some observations:
1.  Beginning of May is still too cold to wear dresses and skirts unless wool leotards, socks and cardigans are involved.
2.  I realised that I mostly sew sundresses.
3.  I love wearing comfy jeans
4.  I have yet to sew a comfy pair of pants.
5.  It would be nice to have some casual, comfortable garments perhaps made with cotton knit fabrics.

 After the second week I was getting bored of my me-made wardrobe.  I was wearing mostly my jeans and hand knit sweaters.  It was good in a way because I re-discovered some nice sweaters.  But I definitely need to expand the variety of garments in my closet.  I had a couple skirts that I love but never wear because I don't have a top that looks right with either of them.  I have blouses that don't really go with anything except for jeans.  So I have some sewing goals now to improve my handmade wardrobe into something a little more realistic.

Sewing Goals:
1.  Learn to sew with knits
2.  Focus more on casual everyday garments
3.  Sew a plain top to go with my flower printed skirt.
4.  Sew with more basic print fabrics that match with other pieces
5.  Sew a pair of shorts for summer!
6.  Sew a flannel shirt for cooler days

Well, that's it for now.  I'm sure I'll come up with more goals later on.  I always have so many things I want to make and not enough time!  This list will keep me on track though as it's always tempting to sew another sundress.

Happy Sewing!



Comments

Popular Posts