We're already well into June, but I thought I should summarise my Me-Made-May experience.
1. Beginning of May is still too cold to wear dresses and skirts unless wool leotards, socks and cardigans are involved.
2. I realised that I mostly sew sundresses.
3. I love wearing comfy jeans
4. I have yet to sew a comfy pair of pants.
5. It would be nice to have some casual, comfortable garments perhaps made with cotton knit fabrics.
After the second week I was getting bored of my me-made wardrobe. I was wearing mostly my jeans and hand knit sweaters. It was good in a way because I re-discovered some nice sweaters. But I definitely need to expand the variety of garments in my closet. I had a couple skirts that I love but never wear because I don't have a top that looks right with either of them. I have blouses that don't really go with anything except for jeans. So I have some sewing goals now to improve my handmade wardrobe into something a little more realistic.
1. Learn to sew with knits
2. Focus more on casual everyday garments
3. Sew a plain top to go with my flower printed skirt.
4. Sew with more basic print fabrics that match with other pieces
5. Sew a pair of shorts for summer!
6. Sew a flannel shirt for cooler days
Well, that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more goals later on. I always have so many things I want to make and not enough time! This list will keep me on track though as it's always tempting to sew another sundress.