Alabama Chanin!

My Alabama Chanin sewing kit finally arrived in the mail!  The garment I chose is Anna's Garden shell top.  I wanted a blush colour jersey, but it looks a bit more sandy than blush to me.  The kit comes with button craft thread for construction by hand and embroidery floss for the reverse appliqué/embroidery.  There's also some matching binding and a garment label.


 I was so excited I pin basted the backing as soon as I got it out of the package.  What I LOVE about Alabama Chanin is the fact that it's all constructed by hand.  Their jersey is made with 100% organic cotton that is also wonderful.  It feels soft yet sturdy. I'm going to baste it with thread so it will be a bit more portable.



The book shows a lot of different embellishing techniques including different hand stitches, embroidery stitches ribbon embroidery and beading.  In the back of the book, there are the master patterns in 5 sizes; XS to XL.


I can't wait to get started on this awesome hand sewing project!

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Popular Posts