Red Polka Dot Dress

I have a long list of things I want to sew but this Red Lonsdale dress is next in line.  I have lots of this polka dot fabric which is 100% cotton.  I made a muslin in size 6 and determined I need to make a full bust adjustment of 1.25 inches.  The waist fits perfect but there was a lot of gaping in the upper bust and tight across the middle bust.
 Here's a picture of my corrected bodice piece.  I kept the waist at size 6 and tapered to size 4 at the top of the side seam.  I also continued the size 4 with the ties.  I may also grade from a size 6 in the waist to a size 4 in the hip and the rest of the skirt down.
I like a longer skirt but not quite a maxi dress length; more of a tea length dress so I'm going to lengthen view A to about mid calf.   I'm hoping to finish this dress well before my birthday.  I can be a slow sewist so its good to have a date to work towards.  It's so rewarding to end up with a beautiful garment to wear.
Happy Sewing!
Nayla

Comments

Popular Posts