Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Argyll Quilt Top Completed!



I just finished my Argyll Quilt top!  I really enjoyed piecing this quilt.  It came to a size of 82.5"X 97".

Although I enjoyed piecing this quilt, it was not all sunshine and rainbows.  I started it with my old sewing machine which I realized later took a slightly larger quarter inch seam than my new sewing machine.  This took a bit of fiddling to get the units to match up.  Then I had to do quite a bit of squaring up because it was not square at all.  I ended up trimming a bit more than I'd like to get it squared up.  There's nothing that drives me more nuts than off grain fabric or unsquared quilt tops!


 This quilt has mitered borders which are a bit more work but totally worth the effect.  I like how they frame the quilt like a piece of art.



With the sun shining through, it reminds me of a stained glass window.



I can't wait to quilt this!  I'd like to do a wool batting for this and machine quilt along the seam lines.
Update coming when it's quilted!


Happy Sewing and Quilting!

2 comments: