One of the design details that I appreciate in this pattern, other than the buttons, are the gathers in the back bodice. Here's a close up!
- Bodice Back - Sway back adjustment to eliminate bulkiness puffing out in the back bodice pleating. I trimmed off some excess on the bodice back pattern at centre back along the bottom edge. See photo.
- Bodice Front - I ended up doing a size 12 D grading to 14 at the waist.
- Bodice Front - 1/2" forward shoulder adjustment
- Bodice Front - moved waist dart out 1/2" and lengthen 1/2" and shaped the dart
- Bodice Front - shaped side bust dart (slight concave)
- Bodice Front - 3/8" gaping neckline adjustment which created a hassle in changing the collar stand and collar to fit a slightly smaller neckline but was totally worth it.
- Skirt Back - moved dart toward centre 1/2" and lengthened dart a total of 2 3/4" extra. Shaped dart.
|Swayback adjustment. Trim the bottom edge straight. That will reduce a bit of bulk which is accentuated with gathers.|
|Moving dart over and shaping with a curve|
I underlined all pieces in white cotton batiste. I decided to do the "burrito method" for attaching the yoke lining and front bodice at the shoulder. I love doing the burrito!
Well, that's my summer shirt dress! Overall it's a great pattern that I think I'll make again.