Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Year in Review From My Sewing Room to Yours



Well, this marks the end of another year of sewing adventures!  I've learned a lot, made some mistakes and had some happy surprises.  I've learned a bit of pattern drafting, improved my fitting techniques, and I've even learned to enjoy slow and relaxing hand sewing.  The main thing is that sewing has become more and more of an adventure over time.  I find the more I learn, the more enjoyable it is to sew, and I hope to inspire anyone who may have the slightest desire to learn.

 I now have what is pretty much my dream sewing room, complete with bright natural lighting and a view of the trees, birds and, of course, the squirrel.  It's a lovely space to spend a cold winter day.  I always have something on my sewing table, and my sewing queue just keeps getting longer and longer.  I'm a relatively slow sewer, and I like to take my time and pay attention to the details of each project but hopefully I'll be able to tackle the majority of projects on my list.  This list keeps changing so who knows!  My goals for 2015 include continuing to work towards an entirely handmade wardrobe.  But for now,  I enjoy one project at a time.  One stitch at a time.

Coming up next is a 1940's vintage wool/cashmere skirt that I have already started, but won't be blogged until next year :)

Thank you so much for reading my blog!  Looking forward to a fresh new year ahead and wishing everyone a Happy New Year and Happy Sewing!






No comments:

Post a Comment