Thursday, 23 October 2014

Buffalo Plaid Archer!

My second Archer shirt is completed!  I like this one better mainly because I think I did a better job on it than the first time around.  I lengthened it by 2 inches.  Otherwise, I sewed view A as per pattern instructions.

 I cut the pockets, yoke, cuffs and front placket on the bias.


I tried to pattern match the seams at least vertically.


Inside the shirt:  French seams and bias tape hem. 


I chose these royal blue pearl snaps just because I love the pop of colour! 

I marked my seam allowances on the cuff in order to get the corners just right. 








Here's what I did to my pattern: 2 inch lengthening in the bodice.  This makes the shirt fit a bit better on me.  I also feel that the extra length counteracts the boxiness of the fit. 

Well, I'm quite happy with my casual, comfy shirts but I think that's it for now.  I'm eager to go back to my feminine, fitted patterns! 


Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Shirt! I love the Archer, you did a great job matching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I checked out your Archer #3 on your blog. It's really nice and I love your sleeve placket! I'll have to try that placket next time!

      Delete